The amount of any penalty or assessment which has become final, or for which a judgment has been entered under §1264.141 or §1264.142, or any amount agreed upon in a compromise or settlement under §1264.145, may be collected by administrative offset under 31 U.S.C. 3716, except that an administrative offset may not be made under this subsection against a refund of an overpayment of Federal taxes, then or later owing by the United States to the defendant.

Tried the LawStack mobile app?

Join thousands and try LawStack mobile for FREE today.

  • Carry the law offline, wherever you go.
  • Download CFR, USC, rules, and state law to your mobile device.