(a) Certain agreements
Notwithstanding the prenegotiation notification and consultation requirement described in section 3804(a) of this title, if an agreement to which section 3803(b) of this title applies—
(1) is entered into under the auspices of the World Trade Organization,
(2) is entered into with Chile,
(3) is entered into with Singapore, or
(4) establishes a Free Trade Area for the Americas,
and results from negotiations that were commenced before August 6, 2002, subsection (b) shall apply.
(b) Treatment of agreements
In the case of any agreement to which subsection (a) applies—
(1) the applicability of the trade authorities procedures to implementing bills shall be determined without regard to the requirements of section 3804(a) of this title (relating only to 90 days notice prior to initiating negotiations), and any procedural disapproval resolution under section 3805(b)(1)(B) of this title shall not be in order on the basis of a failure or refusal to comply with the provisions of section 3804(a) of this title; and
(2) the President shall, as soon as feasible after August 6, 2002—
(A) notify the Congress of the negotiations described in subsection (a), the specific United States objectives in the negotiations, and whether the President is seeking a new agreement or changes to an existing agreement; and
(B) before and after submission of the notice, consult regarding the negotiations with the committees referred to in section 3804(a)(2) of this title and the Congressional Oversight Group convened under section 3807 of this title.
Delegation of Functions
For delegation of functions of President under this section, see section 1 of Ex. Ord. No. 13277, Nov. 19, 2002, 67 F.R. 70305, set out as a note under section 3801 of this title.