(a) Priorities and performance standards
(1) In general
The Commissioner, in consultation with the appropriate congressional committees, shall establish priorities and performance standards to measure the development and levels of achievement of the customs modernization, trade facilitation, and trade enforcement functions and programs described in subsection (b).
(2) Minimum priorities and standards
Such priorities and performance standards shall, at a minimum, include priorities and standards relating to efficiency, outcome, output, and other types of applicable measures.
(b) Functions and programs described
The functions and programs referred to in subsection (a) are the following:
(1) The Automated Commercial Environment.
(2) Each of the priority trade issues described in section 4322 of this title.
(3) The Centers of Excellence and Expertise described in section 4317 of this title.
(4) Drawback for exported merchandise under section 313 of the Tariff Act of 1930 (19 U.S.C. 1313), as amended by section 906 of this Act.
(5) Transactions relating to imported merchandise in bond.
(6) Collection of countervailing duties assessed under subtitle A of title VII of the Tariff Act of 1930 (19 U.S.C. 1671 et seq.) and antidumping duties assessed under subtitle B of title VII of the Tariff Act of 1930 (19 U.S.C. 1673 et seq.).
(7) The expedited clearance of cargo.
(8) The issuance of regulations and rulings.
(9) The issuance of Regulatory Audit Reports.
(c) Consultations and notification
The consultations required by subsection (a)(1) shall occur, at a minimum, on an annual basis.
The Commissioner shall notify the appropriate congressional committees of any changes to the priorities or performance standards referred to in subsection (a) not later than 30 days before such changes are to take effect.
References in Text
The Tariff Act of 1930, referred to in subsec. (b)(4), (6), is act June 17, 1930, ch. 497, 46 Stat. 590. Section 313 of the Tariff Act of 1930, as amended by section 906 of this Act, is section 1313 of this title, as amended by section 906 of Pub. L. 114–125. Subtitles A and B of title VII of the Act are classified generally to parts I (§1671 et seq.) and II (§1673 et seq.), respectively, of subtitle IV of chapter 4 of this title. For complete classification of this Act to the Code, see section 1654 of this title and Tables.