(a) Scope of evaluation
Each State agency or local educational agency that conducts a program under subpart 1 or 2 of this part shall evaluate the program, disaggregating data on participation by gender, race, ethnicity, and age while protecting individual student privacy,, not less than once every 3 years, to determine the program's impact on the ability of participants—
(1) to maintain and improve educational achievement and to graduate from high school in the number of years established by the State under either the four-year adjusted cohort graduation rate or the extended-year adjusted cohort graduation rate, if applicable;
(2) to accrue school credits that meet State requirements for grade promotion and high school graduation;
(3) to make the transition to a regular program or other education program operated by a local educational agency or school operated or funded by the Bureau of Indian Education;
(4) to complete high school (or high school equivalency requirements) and obtain employment after leaving the correctional facility or institution for neglected or delinquent children and youth; and
(5) as appropriate, to participate in postsecondary education and job training programs.
The disaggregation required under subsection (a) shall not be required in a case in which the number of students in a category is insufficient to yield statistically reliable information or the results would reveal personally identifiable information about an individual student.
(c) Evaluation measures
In conducting each evaluation under subsection (a), a State agency or local educational agency shall use multiple and appropriate measures of student progress.
(d) Evaluation results
Each State agency and local educational agency shall—
(1) submit evaluation results to the State educational agency and the Secretary; and
(2) use the results of evaluations under this section to plan and improve subsequent programs for participating children and youth.
A prior section 6471, Pub. L. 89–10, title I, §1431, as added Pub. L. 103–382, title I, §101, Oct. 20, 1994, 108 Stat. 3600, related to program evaluations, prior to the general amendment of this subchapter by Pub. L. 107–110.
2015—Subsec. (a). Pub. L. 114–95, §1401(14)(A), (B), inserted "while protecting individual student privacy," after "age" in introductory provisions and substituted "high school" for "secondary school" wherever appearing.
Subsec. (a)(1). Pub. L. 114–95, §1401(14)(C), inserted "and to graduate from high school in the number of years established by the State under either the four-year adjusted cohort graduation rate or the extended-year adjusted cohort graduation rate, if applicable" after "educational achievement".
Subsec. (a)(3). Pub. L. 114–95, §1401(14)(D), inserted "or school operated or funded by the Bureau of Indian Education" after "local educational agency".
Effective Date of 2015 Amendment
Amendment by Pub. L. 114–95 effective Dec. 10, 2015, except with respect to certain noncompetitive programs and competitive programs, see section 5 of Pub. L. 114–95, set out as a note under section 6301 of this title.1 So in original.