The Secretary of Defense shall issue regulations to carry out this chapter. Such regulations shall—
(1) prescribe the educational goals and objectives of the defense dependents' education system,
(2) establish standards for the development of curricula for the system and for the selection of instructional materials,
(3) prescribe professional standards for professional personnel employed in the system,
(4) provide for arrangements between the Director and commanders of military installations for necessary logistic support for schools of the system located on military installations,
(5) provide for a recertification program for professional personnel employed in the system, and
(6) provide for such other matters as may be necessary to ensure the efficient organization and operation of the defense dependents' education system.
1999—Subsec. (d). Pub. L. 106–65 substituted "The Secretary" for "Not later than 180 days after July 1, 1979, the Secretary" in introductory provisions.