From funds appropriated under section 9584 of this title, the Institute, directly or through grants, contracts, or cooperative agreements, shall—
(1) conduct and support scientifically valid research activities, including basic research and applied research, statistics activities, scientifically valid education evaluation, development, and wide dissemination;
(2) widely disseminate the findings and results of scientifically valid research in education;
(3) promote the use, development, and application of knowledge gained from scientifically valid research activities;
(4) strengthen the national capacity to conduct, develop, and widely disseminate scientifically valid research in education;
(5) promote the coordination, development, and dissemination of scientifically valid research in education within the Department and the Federal Government; and
(6) promote the use and application of research and development to improve practice in the classroom.