Minnesota constitutes one judicial district comprising six divisions.
(1) The First Division comprises the counties of Dodge, Fillmore, Houston, Mower, Olmsted, Steele, Wabasha, and Winona.
Court for the First Division shall be held at Winona.
(2) The Second Division comprises the counties of Blue Earth, Brown, Cottonwood, Faribault, Freeborn, Jackson, Lac qui Parle, Le Sueur, Lincoln, Lyon, Martin, Murray, Nicollet, Nobles, Pipestone, Redwood, Rock, Sibley, Waseca, Watonwan, and Yellow Medicine.
Court for the Second Division shall be held at Mankato.
(3) The Third Division comprises the counties of Chisago, Dakota, Goodhue, Ramsey, Rice, Scott, and Washington.
Court for the Third Division shall be held at Saint Paul.
(4) The Fourth Division comprises the counties of Anoka, Carver, Chippewa, Hennepin, Isanti, Kandiyohi, McLeod, Meeker, Renville, Sherburne, Swift, and Wright.
Court for the Fourth Division shall be held at Minneapolis.
(5) The Fifth Division comprises the counties of Aitkin, Benton, Carlton, Cass, Cook, Crow Wing, Itasca, Kanabec, Koochiching, Lake, Mille Lacs, Morrison, Pine, and Saint Louis.
Court for the Fifth Division shall be held at Duluth.
(6) The Sixth Division comprises the counties of Becker, Beltrami, Big Stone, Clay, Clearwater, Douglas, Grant, Hubbard, Kittson, Lake of the Woods, Mahnomen, Marshall, Norman, Otter Tail, Pennington, Polk, Pope, Red Lake, Roseau, Stearns, Stevens, Todd, Traverse, Wadena, and Wilkin.
Court for the Sixth Division shall be held at Fergus Falls and Bemidji.
Historical and Revision Notes
Based on title 28, U.S.C., 1940 ed., §169 (Mar. 3, 1911, ch. 231, §89, 36 Stat. 1115; Apr. 10, 1926, ch. 113, 44 Stat. 238).
Provisions relating to the appointment and residence of deputy clerks and the maintenance of offices by them were omitted as covered by section 751 of this title.
The counties of Pennington and Lake of the Woods, in the Sixth Division, were created since the enactment of the Judicial Code.
Changes in arrangement and phraseology were made.
2008—Par. (6). Pub. L. 110–406 inserted "and Bemidji" after "Fergus Falls".