(1) be available to acquire a suitable housing unit with special fixtures or moveable facilities made necessary by the veteran's disability, and necessary land therefor;
(2) be available to a veteran to the same extent as if the veteran had not previously received assistance under this chapter; and
(3) not be deducted from the maximum uses or from the maximum amount of assistance available under this chapter.
(1) the reasonable cost, as determined by the Secretary, of repairing or replacing the damaged or destroyed home in excess of the available insurance coverage on such home; or
(2) the maximum amount of assistance to which the veteran would have been entitled under sections 2101(a), 2101(b), and 2102A of this title had the veteran not obtained previous assistance under this chapter.
2015—Subsec. (a). Pub. L. 114–58 substituted "provisions of sections" for "provisions of section".
Pub. L. 112–154, title VII, §701(g), Aug. 6, 2012, 126 Stat. 1205, provided that: "The amendments made by this section [enacting this section and amending sections 3108, 3120, 3703, and 3903 of this title] shall take effect on the date that is one year after the date of the enactment of this Act [Aug. 6, 2012]."
Pub. L. 112–154, title VII, §701(f), Aug. 6, 2012, 126 Stat. 1204, provided that:
"(A) A description of each natural disaster for which assistance was provided or action was taken as described in paragraph (1).
"(B) The number of cases or individuals, as the case may be, in which or to whom the Secretary provided assistance or took action as described in paragraph (1).
"(C) For each such case or individual, a description of the type or amount of assistance or action taken, as the case may be."