(a) An employee of a corporation established under this subchapter who is described by subsection (b) shall be considered an employee of the Government, or a medical care employee of the Veterans Health Administration, for purposes of the following provisions of law:
(1) Section 1346(b) of title 28.
(2) Chapter 171 of title 28.
(3) Section 7316 of this title.
(b) An employee described in this subsection is an employee who—
(1) has an appointment with the Department, whether with or without compensation;
(2) is directly or indirectly involved or engaged in research or education and training that is approved in accordance with procedures established by the Under Secretary for Health for research or education and training; and
(3) performs such duties under the supervision of Department personnel.
A prior section 7365, added Pub. L. 100–322, title II, §204(a), May 20, 1988, 102 Stat. 511, §4165; renumbered §7365, Pub. L. 102–40, title IV, §401(a)(4)(B), May 7, 1991, 105 Stat. 221, which required any corporation established under this subchapter to be subject to applicable State law, was repealed by Pub. L. 111–163, title VIII, §801(b)(2), May 5, 2010, 124 Stat. 1176.
2010—Pub. L. 111–163 renumbered section 7364A of this title as this section.