(1) Gulf of Mexico;
(2) Atlantic Ocean;
(3) Long Island Sound;
(4) Pacific Ocean;
(5) Great Lakes;
(6) Mississippi River System;
(7) Arctic; or
(8) Gulf of Alaska.
(1) admit additional students;
(2) recruit and train faculty;
(3) expand facilities;
(4) create new maritime career pathways; or
(5) award students credit for prior experience, including military service.
(A) a community or technical college; or
(B) a maritime training center—
(i) operated by, or under the supervision of, a State; and
(ii) with a maritime training program in operation on the date of enactment of this section.
References in Text
The date of enactment of this section, referred to in subsec. (c)(1)(B)(ii), is the date of enactment of Pub. L. 115–91, which was approved Dec. 12, 2017.