(1) the term "qualified Roth contribution program" means a program described in paragraph (1) of section 402A(b) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 which meets the requirements of paragraph (2) of such section; and
(2) the terms "designated Roth contribution" and "elective deferral" have the meanings given such terms in section 402A of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986.
(1) provisions under which an election to make designated Roth contributions may be made—
(A) by any individual who is eligible to make contributions under section 8351, 8432(a), 8440a, 8440b, 8440c, 8440d, or 8440e; and
(B) by any individual, not described in subparagraph (A), who is otherwise eligible to make elective deferrals under the Thrift Savings Plan;
(2) any provisions which may, as a result of enactment of this section, be necessary in order to clarify the meaning of any reference to an "account" made in section 8432(f), 8433, 8434(d), 8435, 8437, or any other provision of law; and
(3) any other provisions which may be necessary to carry out this section.
References in Text
Section 402A of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, referred to in subsec. (a), is classified to section 402A of Title 26, Internal Revenue Code.