As used in this chapter, the term—
(1) "Board" means the Board of Trustees of the Harry S Truman Scholarship Foundation;
(2) "Foundation" means the Harry S Truman Scholarship Foundation;
(3) "fund" means the Harry S Truman Memorial Scholarship Fund;
(4) "institution of higher education" means any such institution as defined by section 1001 of this title;
(5) "State" means each of the several States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, and, considered as a single entity, Guam, the Virgin Islands, American Samoa, and the Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands; and
(6) "Secretary" means the Secretary of the Treasury.
Effective Date of 1998 Amendment
Termination of Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands
For termination of Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands, see note set out preceding section 1681 of Title 48, Territories and Insular Possessions.