(A) in accordance with the statutes, rules, and regulations governing appointments in the excepted service; and
(B) notwithstanding any statutes, rules, and regulations governing appointments in the competitive service.
(1) the quality of candidates;
(2) the procedures used by the Commission to select candidates through the streamlined hiring process;
(3) the numbers, types, and grades of employees hired under the authority;
(4) any benefits or shortcomings associated with the use of the authority;
(5) the effect of the exercise of the authority on the hiring of veterans and other demographic groups; and
(6) the way in which managers were trained in the administration of the streamlined hiring system.
2010—Pub. L. 111–203 substituted "Appointment of candidates to certain positions in the competitive service by the Securities and Exchange Commission" for "Appointment of accountants, economists, and examiners by the Securities and Exchange Commission" in section catchline, added subsec. (a), and struck out former subsec. (a). Prior to amendment, text read as follows: "This section applies with respect to any position of accountant, economist, and securities compliance examiner at the Commission that is in the competitive service."
Change of Name
Committee on Government Reform of House of Representatives changed to Committee on Oversight and Government Reform of House of Representatives by House Resolution No. 6, One Hundred Tenth Congress, Jan. 5, 2007. Committee on Oversight and Government Reform of House of Representatives changed to Committee on Oversight and Reform of House of Representatives by House Resolution No. 6, One Hundred Sixteenth Congress, Jan. 9, 2019.
Committee on Governmental Affairs of Senate changed to Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs of Senate, effective Jan. 4, 2005, by Senate Resolution No. 445, One Hundred Eighth Congress, Oct. 9, 2004.
Effective Date of 2010 Amendment
Amendment by Pub. L. 111–203 effective 1 day after July 21, 2010, except as otherwise provided, see section 4 of Pub. L. 111–203, set out as an Effective Date note under section 5301 of Title 12, Banks and Banking.