(1) an announcement that the agency intends to establish a negotiated rulemaking committee to negotiate and develop a proposed rule;
(2) a description of the subject and scope of the rule to be developed, and the issues to be considered;
(3) a list of the interests which are likely to be significantly affected by the rule;
(4) a list of the persons proposed to represent such interests and the person or persons proposed to represent the agency;
(5) a proposed agenda and schedule for completing the work of the committee, including a target date for publication by the agency of a proposed rule for notice and comment;
(6) a description of administrative support for the committee to be provided by the agency, including technical assistance;
(7) a solicitation for comments on the proposal to establish the committee, and the proposed membership of the negotiated rulemaking committee; and
(8) an explanation of how a person may apply or nominate another person for membership on the committee, as provided under subsection (b).
(1) the name of the applicant or nominee and a description of the interests such person shall represent;
(2) evidence that the applicant or nominee is authorized to represent parties related to the interests the person proposes to represent;
(3) a written commitment that the applicant or nominee shall actively participate in good faith in the development of the rule under consideration; and
(4) the reasons that the persons specified in the notice under subsection (a)(4) do not adequately represent the interests of the person submitting the application or nomination.
1992—Pub. L. 102–354 renumbered section 584 of this title as this section.1 So in original. Probably should be "on".