(a) In general
The Board of Regents shall—
(1) assure that, on the date on which a qualified successor to the Heye Foundation at Audubon Terrace first takes possession of Audubon Terrace, an area of at least 2,000 square feet at that facility is accessible to the public and physically suitable for exhibition of museum objects and for related exhibition activities;
(2) upon written agreement between the Board and any qualified successor, lend objects from the collections of the Smithsonian Institution to the successor for exhibition at Audubon Terrace; and
(3) upon written agreement between the Board and any qualified successor, provide training, scholarship, technical, and other assistance (other than operating funds) with respect to the area referred to in paragraph (1) for the purposes described in that paragraph.
(b) Determination of charges
Any charge by the Board of Regents for activities pursuant to agreements under paragraph (2) or (3) of subsection (a) shall be determined according to the ability of the successor to pay.
As used in this section, the terms "qualified successor to the Heye Foundation at Audubon Terrace", "qualified successor", and, "successor" mean an organization described in section 501(c)(3) of title 26, and exempt from tax under section 501(a) of title 26, that, as determined by the Board of Regents—
(1) is a successor occupant to the Heye Foundation at Audubon Terrace, 3753 Broadway, New York, New York;
(2) is qualified to operate the area referred to in paragraph (1) for the purposes described in that paragraph; and
(3) is committed to making a good faith effort to respond to community cultural interests in such operation.1 So in original. The comma probably should not appear.